About ICAI :
The Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) is a premier, dynamic, vibrant professional institution actively associating itself in the industrial and economic development of the nation. The profession places itself at the service of the nation, government, industry, and the society to realize the objectives of a welfare state resulting in the prosperity and the well being of its people – a fact increasingly realized with the opening up of the country’s economy and change in the economic scenario of the world. In today’s world, the profession of conventional accounting and auditing has taken a back seat and accountants increasingly contribute towards the management of scarce resources like funds, land and apply strategic decisions. This has opened up further scope and tremendous opportunities Cost and Works accountants to shoulder responsibility as Cost and Management Accountants in accordance with new dimensions and vision here in India and abroad. Members of this profession will be the driving force in the team of management while in employment and a key consultant, an effective Cost and Management Auditor and an appropriate adviser in place. This is why Cost Accountants in India are called Management Accountants all over the world. Its our other name. We invite you to browse through our web site. Complete Information on our working, history and professional accreditation are all available here.
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India would be the preferred source of resources and professionals for the financial leadership of enterprises globally.
The Cost and Management Accountant professionals would ethically drive enterprises globally by creating value to stakeholders in the socio-economic context through competencies drawn from the integration of strategy, management and accounting.
Objectives of the Institute
• To develop the Cost and Management Accountancy function as a powerful tool of management control in all spheres of economic activities.
• To promote and develop the adoption of scientific methods in cost and management accountancy.
• To develop the professional body of members and equip them fully to discharge their functions and fulfill the objectives of the Institute in the context of the developing economy.
• To keep abreast of the latest developments in the cost and management accounting principles and practices, to incorporate such changes are essential for sustained vitality of the industry and other economic activities.
• To exercise supervision for the entrants to the profession and to ensure strict adherence to the best ethical standards by the profession.
• To organise seminars and conferences on subjects of professional interest in different parts of the country for cross-fertilisation of ideas for professional growth.
• To carry out research and publication activities covering various economic spheres and the publishing of books and booklets for spreading information of professional interest to members in industrial, education and commercial units in India and abroad.